Posted by : Kholif Mawadda Dp Friday, May 10, 2013

Hi hi, Are you ready to learn something today? Yeah we will learn about something that happen in the past. The story below is about Rose's experience when he went to the Restaurant. Let's check!

Going to the Restaurant

Last night I went to the restaurant with my family. It was my dad's birthday.

We ate a pizza and salad. Our pizza was so big. I asked my dad to order some ice cream. Then my Dad ordered some ice cream and chocolate.  I ate ice cream with chocolate happily. After dinner at the restaurant we went home.

It was a great dinner.



You can call Rose's story as RECOUNT text. Why? Because the story told about Rose's experience in the past. Now, this is the explanation about recount text. 

The Definition of Recount Text
Recount text is a text that tells about past experiences. You can see that the text above is about Rose's past experience. 

The Purpose of Recount Text
Recount text has a purpose to give information about past event.

The Generic Structure of Narrative Text 
Recount text has a specific structure. The structure of recount text are :

1. Orientation
Introducing the participants, place and time. The first paragraph is orientation.
Last night I went to the restaurant with my family. It was my dad's birthday.
2. Events
Describing series of event that happened in the past. Event can be more than one.  In the text above, the events is in the second paragraph. 
We ate a pizza and salad. Our pizza was so big. I asked my dad to order some ice cream. Then my Dad ordered some ice cream and chocolate.  I ate ice cream with chocolate happily. After dinner at the restaurant we went home.
3. Reorientation
It is optional. Stating personal comment of the writer to the story. The last paragraph is the re-orientation.
It was a great dinner.
Language Features of the Recount Text
• Introducing personal participant; I, my group, etc
• Using chronological connection; then, first, etc
• Using linking verb; was, were, saw, heard, etc
• Using action verb; look, go, change, etc
• Using simple past tense


Now, Watch and read the following story. Have fun!



How about the story? Now, your job is "do the quiz"


Good job!
It is the explanation about recount text. You are so great. You have learned one more thing. Keep learning and smiling. 
See you next session.
Bye! 




Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © MISS OLIF - Hatsune Miku - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -